Over a period of three months, this course is structured to train aspiring scriptwriters in art of story, script and screenwriting for film, digital and television. The programme starts from scratch, with the seed of an idea to right upto completing a professional script in accordance with industry standards. The students are trained in ideation, three act structure, developing character, plotting and scene structure.
The first half of the programme concentrates on the foundations of script writing. Sessions will focus on understanding how storytelling in film is different from other media, how to create cinematic characters, understanding the classical three-act structure of film, how to brainstorm and develop your story.
In the second section the students learn how to develop the story further using different tools of plotting, overcoming the writers block, understanding the importance of structure in a film, and focusing on how scenes are created and how they come together to function as one organic whole.
Students are exposed to sessions and workshops with guest lectures from professionals working in the industry. David Dhawan, Sriram Raghavan, Neeraj Pandey, Amit Masurkar, Madhur Bhandarkar are some of the guest lecturers who have interacted with the students.
This workshop is conducted by acclaimed writer screenwriter Mayur Puri. Mayur Puri has donned many hats over his decade long Bollywood career as director, film writer, lyricist and actor, but he primarily is and always remain a passionate story teller at heart – a role he’d never grow out of. Mayur is a leading game changer responsible for the localization, trans-creation and adaptations of various Hollywood films into Hindi translated blockbusters. He is the apt example of the small town boy from Ahmedabad, who made it big in Bollywood through sheer conviction and hard work. He is the man chosen by big ticket studios like Disney and Warner Brothers to recreate their billion dollar cinematic experiences into regional translations better suited for the Hindi speaking Indian audience.
DIPLOMA, IN FILM SCRIPTWRITING
Time: 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Days: Saturday & Sunday
Next batch starts 24th September 2022
Last date for Early Bird Discount: 2nd September 2022
Last Date for Application: 21st September 2022
- Applicants for Screenwriting Diploma programme will need to submit a detailed application form and a nonrefundable registration fee of Rs. 250.
- Age eligibility for the Diploma in Screenwriting is 18 years and above. However for individuals with exceptional potential, the age restriction can be relaxed to allow those below 18 years of age to be admitted with parental consent.
- Admissions for this course is subject to the applicant clearing. a writing exercise No direct admissions offered. Applicants are expected to follow the admission process carefully and as per the deadlines communicated.
- Incomplete forms or auditions that do not follow the guidelines will be rejected and the registration fee will be forfeited.
- Applicants who have successfully cleared the writing exercise will be notified of their selection via email with instructions on how to secure their admission
- Total fee (when paid in full): ₹ 70,000
- The management offers an Early Bird Discount for admissions into the Screenwriting Diploma programme. Please consult our management for details.
- Please read the Administrative Guidelines carefully before applying.