The online digital classroom teaches an individual creative writing via video conferencing technology. The participant, will now, from the comfort of their homes/offices, be able to learn, understand, practice and apply the techniques that will help them discover the writer within them and over a period of time get better at the craft. This unique training design includes audio and visual material that helps the students grasp and apply the learning effectively.
This course is conducted by screenwriter Mayur Puri. Mayur has donned many hats over his decade long Bollywood career as director, film writer, lyricist and actor.. Mayur is a industry game changer responsible for the localization, trans-creation and adaptations of various Hollywood films into Hindi translated blockbusters. He is the man chosen by big ticket studios like Disney and Warner Brothers to recreate their billion dollar cinematic experiences into regional translations better suited for the Hindi speaking Indian audience.
A small town boy from Ahmedabad, who made it big in Bollywood through sheer conviction and hard work and an inspiration to all aspiring writers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Techniques of storytelling in cinema
- Difference between writing for Cinema, Television, Digital, Literature and Theatre
- Learning the three-act structure of cinematic writing
- How to develop cinematic characters
- Learning the tools of plotting
- By the end of the course, the students will be expected to come up with a 10 page story outline of film developed from an original idea of their own.
- Training audio and video material
- Assignments to help you improve
- Certificate of completion
- A 10% discount for admissions into the Short Courses in the regular classroom based training format.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Everyone who is 18 years and above in age.However in cases of serious potential in an individual, the age restriction can be relaxed.
- Those who wish to learn writing and have little or no writing experiences. Freshers can apply too.
- Those based outside Mumbai and/or cannot participate in a classroom based training format.
- Those who have pursued professional writing and would like to participate IBn some practice.
- Those who can read, speak and write either English or Hindi fluently.
Classes will be conducted thrice a week
(Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Total of 10 sessions of 2 hour each
TIME: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
BATCH STARTS: 11th May
Rs 25,000 (inclusive of all taxes)
A special quarantine admission fee of Rs 20,000
if paid on or before
20th May 2020
Payment method: Bank transfer / Paytm / Google pay
- A comfortable seat with the student at eye level with the laptop/iPad/tablet propped up on a desk. No hand held devices to be used.
- A laptop / desktop with a web camera, audio mic, a pair of headphones (preferred with a mike attached) and a minimum of a 4G internet connection.
- A small clear area in front of your camera for you to be able to step back and perform with a clear view for the trainer.
- You will need to download the Zoom app on your device by visiting: https://www.zoom.us/download & selecting the option zoom client for meetings.
- A notepad and a pen.
- A water bottle so that there is no interruption between the sessions. No food to be consumed during the class.
- The student has to make sure that there is silence in the surroundings when the class is conducted and no external disturbance to the student.
- Please note that the sessions are scheduled to commence on time. Should any student be late, the trainer will wait for 5 min and then begin the class. The late student can join in the classes, but the trainer will not be able to repeat the missed content and the student will need to consult his classmates post that session to cover up on the missed teaching. No makeup class if a student misses a session. The student is expected to consult his classmates post that session to cover up on the missed teaching before resuming the next class.
- Any break taken by the student, will eat into the time of the class so please ensure you are freshened up and mentally and physically prepared for the classes to start and flow without any interruptions during the discourse.
- This is a group class and there will be a maximum of 25 students participating with the trainer.