Learn the basics of Hindustani Music
Music | English | Hindi | 1 hr Mon 26 Sept 2022 05:00 PM Watch on zoom Rs 6000 (inclusive of GST)
Indian music went through a diverse and multi-faceted historical journey, becoming a microcosm of the psychedelic cultures that we see today. It was the 13th century that saw the divide of Indian music into two, north Indian music, popularly called Hindustani music, and south Indian music popularly known as Carnatic music.
This series of workshops is to educate the interested participants about ‘Hindustani Music’, and a specialisation in the vocal aspect of it. It is an academic journey unravelling the mystics of Music, Hindustani singing, practice, yoga and music, and Music therapy. Topics covered:
- What is Music
- Music as an Art
- Music and its components
- Different forms and genres of Music
- Hindustani Music
- Basics of Indian Classical music
- How to perceive Indian Music
- How to listen and understand
- How to appreciate and analyze
- Introduction to gharana parampara and various artists
- Aesthetics in Indian Music
- How to Sing a Raag and a Raag Based Song
- Raag as a concept
- Basic of a Raag i.e. Swar laya and Taal
- Exercises to Perfect Swar Laya and Taal
- Elementary knowledge of a Raag
- Compositions in a Raag
- Perfecting a composition
- How to do Music Practice and introduction to Music Therapy
- Music and Yoga
- Various Breathing Exercises
- Expressing through music
- Healing through music
Abhinav is a Hindustani classical vocalist and a PhD scholar in the Faculty of Music and Fine Arts, University of Delhi. He has been working in the field of Music Education with people from all age groups, especially children, including the underprivileged and kids with special needs. He has learned from various artists from different ‘Gharanas’ and currently exploring Patiala Gharana. His motive is to promote Indigenous Hindustani genres, traditional compositions and Indian musicology among the young generation.
- The class for age group 8 to 14 years is scheduled on every consecutive Monday & Wednesday for three weeks and the dates are 26th, 28th Sept, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th Oct’22.
- The class for age group 16 years & above is scheduled on every consecutive Tuesday & Thursday for three weeks and the dates are 27th, 29th Sept, 04th, 06th, 11th & 13th Oct’22.
- Each session will be for 1 hour.
6 session of 1 hour each
Batch Start Date: 26th September 2022
Time: 05:00 pm to 06:00 pm
Fee: Rs 6000 (inclusive of GST)