The 1 Month Foundation Course in acting is an intensive course designed to act both as preparation for further training in acting or as a standalone course, introducing the students to essential concepts of the craft. This course aims to educate the participants about fundamental techniques in acting that would strengthen their skill set and stretch their creative abilities.
Each session will be of 2 hours and will be conducted throughout the week from Monday to Friday for 4 weeks. All students will be mentored for a solo performance at the end of the course. This performance will be staged for an in-house audience comprising of family and friends of the students in the batch.
- Gain the essential understanding on acting and an actors’ tools like body, mind, voice & speech.
- Develop imagination, creativity and self-awareness as an actor.
- Understanding techniques like sense memory, emotional memory and its application to build conviction in the performance.
- Learn an actors’ job with script and importance of rehearsals for a performance.
- Gain a basic understanding of how to perform in front of the camera.
- Gain a clear understanding of casting & audition procedure.
- Develop confidence as a performer.
- Shoot a monologue and showcase the same for a live audience.
- Shoot an actor’s introduction video to take away.
- Get guidance on the business of acting and casting opportunities.
- Receive a certificate on successful completion of the course.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
- Anyone who is 15 years of age and above and is passionate about acting.
- Those who have no previous acting experience (fresher) and want to learn the craft.
- Those who wish to pursue professional acting as a full time or part time career.
- Those who are looking for a creative fun outlet or a hobby.
- Working professionals and students within or outside Mumbai.
- Those who do not want to pursue acting as a career but wish to develop their personality, confidence, and public speaking skills.
- If you are a writer and/or director and wish to understand the science behind an actor’s craft.
- If you are an artist from another field and wish to learn professional acting to expand your portfolio of services.
SCHEDULE & TUITION FEES
For guidance, schedules, batch start dates, location, fees, and admission procedures, please call +91 8080801761 or email at inf[email protected]
ADMISSION PROCEDURE AND GUIDELINES
- Applicants should be 15 years and above.
- Applicants should be able to read, speak and write either English or Hindi fluently.
- The sessions will be conducted in Mumbai across 4 weeks with classes being conducted from Monday to Friday for 2 hours.
- The schedule and fees are specifically for a group session. For those who want to train in a private one-to-one session, please contact our counsellors for guidance.
- Admission into this course is direct. To block a seat the applicant needs to pay the course fee and submit a form along with an id proof.
- There are NO auditions conducted and admissions are on a first come, first seat basis.
- Towards the end of the course the participants may need to dedicate additional time on weekdays and/or weekends for rehearsals, performances, and shoots.
- It is mandatory that the participant has 75% attendance and above during the course to receive the certification. Also, if the participant does not perform in the final showcase, he/she will not be eligible to receive the certification.
- Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before applying.
- Batch start dates are subject to change at management discretion.
- Outstation student seeking accommodation in Mumbai can reach out to the admissions team for assistance.
- This course is physically and mentally demanding and will need a complete commitment on the part of the participant.
- Any expenses on stationary, costumes or properties required for the classroom sessions will have to be borne by the participant over and above the tuition fee.