Over a period of three months, this course is structured to train aspiring scriptwriters in the fundamentals of story and script and screenwriting. The programme starts from scratch, with the seed of an idea to right upto completing a professional script in accordance with industry standards. The students are trained in ideation, three act structure, developing character, plotting and scene structure.
The first half of the programme concentrates on the foundations of script writing. Sessions will focus on understanding how storytelling in Film is different from other media, how to create cinematic characters, understanding the classical three-act structure of film, how to brainstorm and develop your story.
In the second section the students learn how to develop the story further using different tools of plotting, understanding the importance of structure in a film, and focusing on how scenes are created and how they come together to function as one organic whole.
In both sections, students are exposed to sessions and workshops with guest lectures from professionals working in the industry. There will also be sessions where the writers
Duration: 3 Month
Per session duration: 3.5 hours
Tuition Fee: Rs 50,000
Admission subject to screening via writing samples. No direct admission.
Age criteria: 15 years and above
Saturday - 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Sunday - 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Introduction to script writing
- Understanding and using 3 Act Structure
- Developing Character
- Plotting Structure, Scene and Its Functions
- Structure, Scene and Its Functions
- Step Outline
- Dialogue Writing
- The Conventional Format and Scriptwriting Software.
- Drafting a professional script
An ACTOR PREPARES Diploma will be awarded to all students upon satisfactory completion of the course.
- Course conducted by trained and experienced faculty
- Guest lectures with acclaimed script writers, directors and producers.
- By the end of the programme students will have developed a complete professional script as per industry standards
- All candidates given an opportunity to pitch one of their story to producers/directors
- Students will be assisted in getting registered with the Film Writers Association
- Special sessions on copyrights and legal formalities for a writer